With new genetic technologies readily available to dairies and feedlots searching for uniform, high-quality feeder cattle, the timing seemed perfect for Genex Cooperative and Wulf Cattle to partner in Breeding to Feeding. This program creates quality, efficient feeder calves from dairy cows and assures dairies will receive a premium for these calves. Genex representatives work with dairies to provide long term genetic consulting and develop a customized breeding strategy, while Wulf Cattle provides the genetics from Limousin and Limousin-cross sires, and facilitates the contracting of these calves to Wulf Cattle approved calf ranches at a guaranteed premium purchase price. Dairies can now create more profitable future replacements from top-end females while adding feedlot value to calves from lower-end cows, in addition to addressing the top priorities of conception and calving ease.
Breeding to Feeding - Genex Cooperative & Wulf Cattle
- The new line on your milk check — spore counts
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Land O'Lakes creates 10 new fellowships at 5 universities
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand