Neogen’s new Igenity Dairy Heifer Program offers the dairy cattle industry an unprecedented level of information on the genetic potential of replacement dairy heifers. The new genetic profile uses hair follicles to produce DNA test results that provide information on a heifer’s potential in key traits. Those traits are performance and health traits such as net merit, pregnancy rate, productive life in months and somatic cell score; and yield traits, such as the animal’s milk in fat pounds, fat percentage, protein pounds, and protein percentage; and numerous calving and type traits. The test can be performed soon after a calf is born, and is another tool in the decision-making process for breeding and heifer selection.
Igenity Dairy Heifer Program - Neogen Corp.
- The other crops couldn't duplicate Thursday night soy gains
- Minn.’s Peterson aims to hang onto House Ag Committee role, seat
- Baise: EPA's new water definition would devastate business
- DHM Numbers: Cow culling; replacement prices
- Thursday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- Cattle futures bucked the bearish ag market trend Thursday