Neogen’s new Igenity Dairy Heifer Program offers the dairy cattle industry an unprecedented level of information on the genetic potential of replacement dairy heifers. The new genetic profile uses hair follicles to produce DNA test results that provide information on a heifer’s potential in key traits. Those traits are performance and health traits such as net merit, pregnancy rate, productive life in months and somatic cell score; and yield traits, such as the animal’s milk in fat pounds, fat percentage, protein pounds, and protein percentage; and numerous calving and type traits. The test can be performed soon after a calf is born, and is another tool in the decision-making process for breeding and heifer selection.
Igenity Dairy Heifer Program - Neogen Corp.
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs
AfiMilk MPC – Ultimate Milking Control solution