Cornell Cooperative Extension and the University of Vermont will be offering programs on February 12 and 26, focusing on calf management and care. Programs will be offered at several CCE locations and will be available via video conferencing. The program will run from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. each day. Registration fee is $30.00.
- Young Calf Care-the 5 C’s of Colostrum
- Calf Nutrition After Colostrum
- Calf Disease Control
- Impact of Environmental Factors-Housing Essentials
- Group Housing and Feeding Management
- Monitoring Calf Performance – Dairy Producer Panel
Presenters will include:
- Dr. Kim Morrill, PhD, NNY Dairy Specialist, Cornell Cooperative Extension
- Dr. Julie Smith, DVM, PhD, University of Vermont, Department of Animal Science
- Dr. Theresa Taraska, DVM, Dairy Specialist, CCE Lewis County
- Dr. Christine A. Rossiter Burhans, VMD MS, Poulin Grain
More details and registration information can be found here.