Blog: Why I don’t like Carrie Underwood
The internet is abuzz over Carrie Underwood’s performance on The Sound of Music Live recently. And word on the street is that she wasn’t very good. Call me a trendsetter, if you will, but I’ve disliked Ms. Underwood for quite some time. And it has nothing to do with the fact that she’s no Julie Andrews. Many people do not know that Carrie Underwood is a financial supporter of the Humane Society of the United States. That sounds like a good thing, right? But the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) is not what you think. HSUS is a political... View Blog Post »
Make our story heard: Respond!
When you read an article online, do you ever keep scrolling to read the comments? Often, when the subject is food or agriculture, the comment section is pretty active. And most of the comments are from very vocal anti-ag readers. For example, check out the comments on this recent article about the smell of hog farms in North Carolina. Articles like this are the perfect opportunity for farmers to quickly step in and comment on an issue about which we are very knowledgeable. There were 28 comments on the article I linked to and not one of them was... View Blog Post »
How to respond so consumers will listen
I’m fairly certain we’ve all been in this situation before: someone asks a question or makes a statement about agriculture that is based on misinformation, and your blood begins to boil. It can be so hard to keep calm and answer the question civilly, without flying off the handle. As a Common Ground volunteer, I was taught that the information I give consumers should always be real, credible, positive and inclusive. Keeping your answer real and credible helps build trust with consumers. Try to use examples from your own farm and farms you’ve visited. Avoid, “I heard…..” Follow up with... View Blog Post »
- Are activists really in it for clean air?
- Cows need their tails!
- The versatile, economical Boston butt
- Star Wars meets agriculture
- Chipotle & Panera: Food for thought
- Blog: 10 mooing neighbors
- Blog: 11 (thousand) sliced tires
- Blog: 12 cows a-carolin’
- How to respond so consumers will listen
- Five things you need to know about the Affordable Care Act
- Animal activists: Keep fairs fair
- Blog: Nothing gold can stay
- Pricey farm bill is more about food stamps than farmers
- EPA 'connectivity' to your farm and ranch
- Mitigating Millennial Mayhem
- Protect your farm and remove the gag
- Self-Exploration Drives Success
- Commentary: I’m excited again!
- Blog: Something big is coming
- Tail docking is industry’s 'Achilles heel' (pick your battles carefully)
Diamond V Original XPC