Blog: Want lower medical expenses? Negotiate.
Most people don’t realize they can and should try to negotiate the costs of their doctor and hospital visits. You can even shop for the best deals on hearing aids, eyeglasses and your prescriptions to find the lowest price in town. As the expression goes, “the worst they can do is say no,” so why not see how much you can save? Doctors and hospitals set their own prices, which may or may not have an effect on you, depending on what type of insurance you have and what rates the insurer has negotiated with your providers. If a test or... View Blog Post »
Five things you need to know about the Affordable Care Act
Editor's note: We are proud to introduce a new contributor, Sarah O’Leary, who will write the “Insurance Essentials” blog covering health insurance and healthcare issues. O’Leary is CEO and founder of ExHale Health, which helps consumers across the country successfully manage their health insurance and healthcare provider relationships. The company’s mission is to save consumers time and money on their healthcare through policy/plan selection, claim filing and tracking, reimbursements, insurance-plan transitions and more. We know you’ll find this new blog interesting and helpful. We’ve all heard a great deal about the Affordable Care Act (ACA) and how it will adversely affect... View Blog Post »
- Are activists really in it for clean air?
- Cows need their tails!
- The versatile, economical Boston butt
- Star Wars meets agriculture
- Chipotle & Panera: Food for thought
- Blog: 10 mooing neighbors
- Blog: 11 (thousand) sliced tires
- Blog: 12 cows a-carolin’
- How to respond so consumers will listen
- Five things you need to know about the Affordable Care Act
- Animal activists: Keep fairs fair
- Blog: Nothing gold can stay
- Pricey farm bill is more about food stamps than farmers
- EPA 'connectivity' to your farm and ranch
- Mitigating Millennial Mayhem
- Protect your farm and remove the gag
- Self-Exploration Drives Success
- Commentary: I’m excited again!
- Blog: Something big is coming
- Tail docking is industry’s 'Achilles heel' (pick your battles carefully)