At the 2011 American Meat Institute Animal Care & Handling meeting in Kansas City, Mo., Dr. Kurt Vogel discussed reasons for dairy cattle culling and the role veterinarians can play in assisting producers in their decision-making.
Dairy culling decisions
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?