At the 2011 American Meat Institute Animal Care & Handling meeting in Kansas City, Mo., Dr. Kurt Vogel discussed reasons for dairy cattle culling and the role veterinarians can play in assisting producers in their decision-making.
Dairy culling decisions
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- Innovation Center: Whey to go! Dairy's place in sports recovery