Dairy Herd Management reports a Pennsylvania man is paralyzed after allegedly drinking raw milk containing Campylobacter bacteria.
James Orchard, of Mars, Pa., was diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS), reports WYTV in Youngstown, Ohio. “One of the most common antecedent events to those who suffer from GBS is prior infection with Campylobacter,” the station said.
Orchard’s wife is quoted as saying her husband was healthy prior to drinking the raw milk.
And, read "Allegheny couple files lawsuit against Pasture Maid Dairy in New Castle, Pa."
Raw Milk Blamed For Man's Paralysis
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant
- John Deere’s 2014 product launch heavy in hay equipment