Dairy Herd Management reports a Pennsylvania man is paralyzed after allegedly drinking raw milk containing Campylobacter bacteria.
James Orchard, of Mars, Pa., was diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS), reports WYTV in Youngstown, Ohio. “One of the most common antecedent events to those who suffer from GBS is prior infection with Campylobacter,” the station said.
Orchard’s wife is quoted as saying her husband was healthy prior to drinking the raw milk.
And, read "Allegheny couple files lawsuit against Pasture Maid Dairy in New Castle, Pa."
Raw Milk Blamed For Man's Paralysis
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do