Raw Milk Blamed For Man's Paralysis

 Resize text         Printer-friendly version of this article Printer-friendly version of this article

Dairy Herd Management reports a Pennsylvania man is paralyzed after allegedly drinking raw milk containing Campylobacter bacteria.

James Orchard, of Mars, Pa., was diagnosed with Guillain-Barre syndrome (GBS), reports WYTV in Youngstown, Ohio. “One of the most common antecedent events to those who suffer from GBS is prior infection with Campylobacter,” the station said.

Orchard’s wife is quoted as saying her husband was healthy prior to drinking the raw milk.

Read more.

And, read "Allegheny couple files lawsuit against Pasture Maid Dairy in New Castle, Pa."

Related Articles

Sponsored Links


Comments (0) Leave a comment 

Name
e-Mail (required)
Location

Comment:

characters left


Kuhn SR 100 GII SpeedRakes®

The best just got better with the Kuhn SR 100 GII SpeedRakes. Refined styling, higher strength materials and improved options ... Read More

View all Products in this segment

View All Buyers Guides

Feedback Form
Leads to Insight