RFD-TV Features Veterinarians, Cattle Welfare
June 14th THE AMERICAN RANCHER visits with Dr. Dan Thomson, Director of the Beef Cattle Institute and Associate Professor in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Kansas State University. Thomson will present a discussion on the topic of "Making Beef Cattle Welfare Decisions: Us or Them." This presentation directly discusses the current conflict of animal rights and how this differs from animal welfare or animal husbandry as it was more regularly called in days gone by. The show also will feature excerpts and interview bites from the recent Beef Cattle Institute International Symposium on Beef Cattle Well-Being held at Kansas State. See articles about the recent symposium from Bovine Veterinarian magazine here.
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs
Excelerate® Calf Milk Replacer
Milk Specialties Global