June 14th THE AMERICAN RANCHER visits with Dr. Dan Thomson, Director of the Beef Cattle Institute and Associate Professor in the College of Veterinary Medicine at Kansas State University. Thomson will present a discussion on the topic of "Making Beef Cattle Welfare Decisions: Us or Them." This presentation directly discusses the current conflict of animal rights and how this differs from animal welfare or animal husbandry as it was more regularly called in days gone by. The show also will feature excerpts and interview bites from the recent Beef Cattle Institute International Symposium on Beef Cattle Well-Being held at Kansas State. See articles about the recent symposium from Bovine Veterinarian magazine here.
RFD-TV Features Veterinarians, Cattle Welfare
- What to do now in regards to the 2014 Farm Bill
- Cropp: September Dairy Situation and Outlook
- Dairy markets: Last week in review
- Merck Animal Health to market Neogen’s dairy genomic program
- Cyprus debt deal weighs on grain, livestock markets
- Egyptian buying boosted wheat despite Sunday night crop weakness