Dave Taysom of Dairyland Laboratories based in Acadia, Wis., shares tips on testing your forages for optimal ration formulation:
- Be proactive in testing forages
- Test forages harvested in 2009 for mycotoxins
- Test forages and feeds when moving to a new bag or bunk
- Feed high-quality forages to fresh and high-producing cows
- Forages can vary in potassium levels for several reasons, so forage testing is critical
Read more from Dave on managing your forages.
This information was provided by Arm & Hammer Animal Nutrition’s Peak Report Online.