Bovikalc® is an oral calcium supplement for fresh cows. The product is administered to cows at calving and again 12 hours later. BOVIKALC provides them with the supplemental calcium they need when blood calcium levels are at their lowest. It provides 43 grams of calcium in two forms:Calcium chloride for rapid release; and Calcium sulfate for sustained release. I.V. calcium has its challenges and is a time-consuming way of providing calcium to fresh cows. It also does not provide sustained release. The BOVIKALC bolus formulation dissolves completely within 30 minutes after arriving in the rumen, and the unique coating is gentle on the throat.
Product URL: http://www.bi-vetmedica.com
The Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies´ objectives and believes can be summed up in a single phrase: Value through Innovation.
Manufacturer: Boehringer Ingelheim Vetmedica, Inc.
Company Website: http://www.bi-vetmedica.com
Company Phone Number: 816-236-8276
Contact Email: email@example.com
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?