Dave Natzke, Editor
Dave Natzke joined Dairy Herd Management as Editor in January 2014, bringing decades of dairy industry knowledge and experience. Raised on a northeast Wisconsin dairy farm, he was most recently Editor/Editorial Director for DairyBusiness Communications. He has also served as Managing Editor for two weekly agricultural newspapers in Wisconsin, and has more than 30 years of experience covering agriculture and the dairy industry.
Natzke's editorial goals match those of Dairy Herd Management’s “producer first” focus. Three pillars guide his editorial decisions:
- The articles should contain a “teachable moment” – something most readers can learn from.
- The articles should have an “actionable item” – something readers can incorporate into their own dairy business if they so choose.
- The dairy industry is about people and relationships – we learn best from each other.
- Post-wean digestion impaired in intensive-fed rapidly weaned calf
- Massage and mooo-d music soothe Vietnam's Miss Milk Cow
- Meeting to showcase anaerobic digester for renewable energy
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Dairy CPI mostly higher in September
- Ag markets posted divergent closes Wednesday
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs