Dave Natzke, Editor
Dave Natzke joined Dairy Herd Management as Editor in January 2014, bringing decades of dairy industry knowledge and experience. Raised on a northeast Wisconsin dairy farm, he was most recently Editor/Editorial Director for DairyBusiness Communications. He has also served as Managing Editor for two weekly agricultural newspapers in Wisconsin, and has more than 30 years of experience covering agriculture and the dairy industry.
Natzke's editorial goals match those of Dairy Herd Management’s “producer first” focus. Three pillars guide his editorial decisions:
- The articles should contain a “teachable moment” – something most readers can learn from.
- The articles should have an “actionable item” – something readers can incorporate into their own dairy business if they so choose.
- The dairy industry is about people and relationships – we learn best from each other.
- Farmers descend on Alltech's Global event in Normandy, France
- Work happiness factors ranked in new survey
- Commentary: Connecting the dots
- When It Comes To How Pizza Looks - Cheese Matters
- Innovation Center: Whey to go! Dairy's place in sports recovery
- Calves with Sam: Auto-Feeders Need to be Cleaned, Too
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Dairying in a warzone
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Vandenheuvel: Time to act on California federal order
- BQA certification — offer Sept. 1 through Oct. 31
- Using Activity Monitors to Predict Ovulation & Get Cows Pregnant