Dave Natzke, Editor
Dave Natzke joined Dairy Herd Management as Editor in January 2014, bringing decades of dairy industry knowledge and experience. Raised on a northeast Wisconsin dairy farm, he was most recently Editor/Editorial Director for DairyBusiness Communications. He has also served as Managing Editor for two weekly agricultural newspapers in Wisconsin, and has more than 30 years of experience covering agriculture and the dairy industry.
Natzke's editorial goals match those of Dairy Herd Management’s “producer first” focus. Three pillars guide his editorial decisions:
- The articles should contain a “teachable moment” – something most readers can learn from.
- The articles should have an “actionable item” – something readers can incorporate into their own dairy business if they so choose.
- The dairy industry is about people and relationships – we learn best from each other.
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CA Class 1 dips
- WASDE: 2014 dairy, beef price projections raised
- Crop markets quite mixed after WASDE report
- USDA raises corn export forecast by 25 million bushels
- D.C. Watch: Apply for disaster assistance by April 15
- IMI Global acquires Merck Animal Health's verification business
H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc.