2013: A mixed bag
it was a good year for some dairy farmers, a not-so-good year for others -- a lot of it had to do with the weather. Overall, the year might be described as a "mixed bag.". FULL STORY »
This young farmer wants to be a positive spokesman for dairy
How can you tell what a dairy farmer looks or acts like if you’ve never met one? FULL STORY »
Now for a return on your investment… or not
Ohio veterinarian Mel Wenger emphasizes the importance of fine-tuning the care of older heifers to ensure their successful entry into the milking herd. FULL STORY »
Opportunities abound for young dairy producers
It is both exciting and scary at times to be a young dairy producer in today’s world, but it also provides opportunities that generations before us never imagined. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs