Now for a return on your investment… or not
Ohio veterinarian Mel Wenger emphasizes the importance of fine-tuning the care of older heifers to ensure their successful entry into the milking herd. FULL STORY »
Opportunities abound for young dairy producers
It is both exciting and scary at times to be a young dairy producer in today’s world, but it also provides opportunities that generations before us never imagined. FULL STORY »
New high-tech ways to monitor herd health
Ask the herd manager at Abel Dairy how much lead time he gains in spotting health problems with rumination monitoring, and he answers with little hesitation, “half a day.” FULL STORY »
Corporations can be socially responsible
At the joint annual meeting of the American Dairy Science Association and the American Society of Animal Science this summer, the most famous animal scientist of them all — Temple Grandin — addressed the topic, “Can big corporations be socially responsible?” FULL STORY »
- Will tornado alley come alive this weekend?
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Cow culling lags; Pennsylvania heifers
- Farm Bureau fights EPA, tells members to ‘ditch the rule’
- How are you using incentive programs on your farm?
- Food waste-to-energy converter introduced at UC Davis