Dairy Quality Link
Review your milking procedures
How's the dairy quality performance on your farm? Are you getting milk quality premiums every month? Are the market cows and bob calves that leave your farm consistently bringing top market value? FULL STORY »
Don't be the weak link
Like it or not, the dairy industry is part of a highly competitive food business. Every time a customer walks into a store, he makes a choice whether or not to buy our product. FULL STORY »
Kids and schools are key to increasing fluid sales
While increases in cheese sales continue to boost demand for total milk, fluid milk sales have continued to struggle on several fronts, especially those relating to kids' consumption. Turning this market around is important for the long-term health of total dairy consumption, as well as for the overall economic health of dairy farm businesses. FULL STORY »
Move with the cheese
A popular management book challenges business people to "move with the cheese." The book's author, Spencer Johnson, maintains that change always happens and, if you get comfortable with the status quo, you'll be lost and bewildered when someone "moves the cheese." FULL STORY »
- Why only one of four dairy calves drinks raw milk?
- USDA: FAQs about potential California FMMO
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
H.J. Baker & Bro., Inc.