How times (and corn prices) change!
When I became editor of Dairy Herd Management in 1992, the all-milk price was $13.50 per hundredweight and the corn price fluctuated between $2 and $2.50 per bushel. FULL STORY »
The gall of the USDA to ‘promote’ cheese
While browsing through The Kansas City Star on a recent Sunday morning, I came across an article on page A8 with the headline, “Government takes contradictory stance on cheese.” FULL STORY »
Personal beliefs aside, it’s good to reduce our 'carbon footprint'
The Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy is spearheading research that will help the dairy industry reduce its “carbon footprint.” FULL STORY »
No enlightenment shown by Obama on animal ID
The Obama Administration and Democratic majority in Congress were supposed to be more enlightened toward food safety and traceability than the Republicans. FULL STORY »
Feeding a hungry world is Job One
Every time a news magazine or TV network comes out with a report mischaracterizing animal agriculture, we turn our attention to what was said and how we can respond.
A number of activists seem intent on destroying animal agriculture. Meanwhile, the government keeps imposing regulations that are more and more burdensome. FULL STORY »
The power of branding
Most Chinese don’t know where the state of Kentucky is located, but they do recognize the iconic image of Colonel Sanders at KFC restaurants. KFC is now found in 656 cities across China. FULL STORY »
We risk getting caught in a credibility gap on obesity
One by one, TV shows are starting to pop up in response to the obesity crisis in this country. FULL STORY »
The insidiousness of ‘climate change’
Recently, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency awarded $17 million to various universities around the country to study the impacts of climate change. FULL STORY »
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
LAND O LAKES® Pasteurized Milk Balancer®