Is she getting 12 to 14 hours of lying time?
Some of the free-stalls at a 500-cow dairy in upstate New York were in need of repair. Whether it involved loops falling down or loops hanging at an angle, the stalls just couldn’t be used. FULL STORY »
Skinny cows: A source of sore feet
Lameness is a huge - if not the single biggest - animal-welfare challenge facing the dairy industry. “Lameness is a really big issue,” says Temple Grandin, well-known Colorado State University animal scientist and animal behavior consultant. FULL STORY »
Meet your new customers!
Sandwiches often include meat, cheese and tomato. But a Japanese baker has come up with a sandwich that just has the cheese and tomato. Cheese from the United States... FULL STORY »
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced