Skinny cows: A source of sore feet
Lameness is a huge - if not the single biggest - animal-welfare challenge facing the dairy industry. “Lameness is a really big issue,” says Temple Grandin, well-known Colorado State University animal scientist and animal behavior consultant. FULL STORY »
Meet your new customers!
Sandwiches often include meat, cheese and tomato. But a Japanese baker has come up with a sandwich that just has the cheese and tomato. Cheese from the United States... FULL STORY »
Be vigilant against respiratory disease in calves
Bovine respiratory disease in dairy calves can have profound production and economic consequences in the short-term and even later in life. FULL STORY »
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?