Training technology captures parlor efficiency
For years, standard operating procedures, along with an employee handbook and on-the-job training, did the trick for teaching milkers at Brian and Yogi Brown’s Sunburst Dairy near Belleville, Wis.
“But when we added the second barn in 2008 and expanded to 500 cows, we realized we were still using the same SOPs we had developed years ago, and they were outdated,” says Yogi Brown. FULL STORY »
Don’t let your herd get bugged by parasites
When is the last time you went over your parasite-control program? If it’s been a while, you may need to dust off your plans and give them a tweak or two, since recommendations have probably changed since you last thought about parasites. FULL STORY »
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced