When will immigrant workers emerge from the shadows?
With the nighttime temperature a chilly 16 degrees, those who attended a candlelight vigil for José Obeth Santiz Cruz were bundled up in coats, scarves, hats and gloves. FULL STORY »
Get creative with compensation
Chances are, wage or benefit hikes have been a little scarce around your dairy lately. And it’s tempting to adopt the attitude that “you are lucky to even have a job, so don’t even think about anything extra.” FULL STORY »
A new bovine TB roadmap
For nearly 100 years, agriculture officials in the U.S. have been trying to eradicate bovine tuberculosis. But it’s still around. Here is the latest on this perplexing disease. FULL STORY »
Protect your reputation
Your reputation within the community is a valuable thing. Here are four things you can do to protect and shape your reputation, so that others see you in a positive light. FULL STORY »
Whey is part of the solution (when it comes to weight loss)
It wasn’t long ago that cheese plants virtually gave whey away because it was more of a nuisance than an asset. FULL STORY »
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?