This young farmer wants to be a positive spokesman for dairy
How can you tell what a dairy farmer looks or acts like if you’ve never met one? FULL STORY »
Opportunities abound for young dairy producers
It is both exciting and scary at times to be a young dairy producer in today’s world, but it also provides opportunities that generations before us never imagined. FULL STORY »
New high-tech ways to monitor herd health
Ask the herd manager at Abel Dairy how much lead time he gains in spotting health problems with rumination monitoring, and he answers with little hesitation, “half a day.” FULL STORY »
How to talk to a lender about hedging
When a farm owner or manager embarks on a capital project or planned expansion, the lender will likely require assurances that a structured plan is in place to remove as much risk as possible, assuring repayment. FULL STORY »
- Will tornado alley come alive this weekend?
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Cow culling lags; Pennsylvania heifers
- Farm Bureau fights EPA, tells members to ‘ditch the rule’
- How are you using incentive programs on your farm?
- Food waste-to-energy converter introduced at UC Davis