Do small farms really take better care of their animals?
Many people believe — rightly or wrongly — that animals receive more individualized attention and better care on smaller farms.But a growing body of research refutes that notion. FULL STORY »
10 smart things to achieve milking excellence
Pam Ruegg, veterinarian and milk-quality expert at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, has outlined 10 things that dairy farms can do to achieve milking excellence. FULL STORY »
Heat stress and young stock
Cows receive a lot of attention regarding heat stress, but heat is hard on younger animals, too. Grain intake, health and immunity all are affected when calves are exposed to extreme heat. FULL STORY »
Milk faces branding dilemma
Each year, when I attend the Alltech International Symposium, I walk through “The World’s Market” located on the ground floor of the Lexington (Ky.) Convention Center. FULL STORY »
Protecting ag or silencing activists?
Activist groups have gained publicity in recent years by going into farm operations and taking undercover videos. Now, the agricultural community is fighting back in a number of states by enacting farm protection legislation, commonly referred to as “ag-gag” bills. FULL STORY »
Make summer comfortable for calves
The calendar says it’s almost fall, but Mother Nature still has other ideas. The experts at Milk Products, LLC offer advice for caring for calves in the heat. FULL STORY »
Hey, I'm in heat!
When cow activity goes up and rumination goes down, it's a sign that the cow is in heat. That, in turn, makes breeding more precise -- even reducing the need for estrus synchronization and timed AI. FULL STORY »
8 potential bottlenecks when raising calves and heifers
Carefully managing critical control points as calves and heifers grow and develop will help avoid setbacks along the way. FULL STORY »
- Why only one of four dairy calves drinks raw milk?
- USDA: FAQs about potential California FMMO
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
Cow’s Match® ColdFront® and WarmFront® Seasonal Milk Replacers