8 potential bottlenecks when raising calves and heifers
Carefully managing critical control points as calves and heifers grow and develop will help avoid setbacks along the way. FULL STORY »
They're among the 'Greenest of the Green'
On April 23, the Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy announced the winners of the second annual U.S. Dairy Sustainability Awards, recognizing dairy farms and businesses that advance the industry’s commitment to healthy products, healthy communities and a healthy planet. FULL STORY »
Name game: Dairy faces challenges on several fronts
In late March, a British court ruled that Chobani could not market “Greek yogurt” in the United Kingdom unless the yogurt is actually made in Greece. FULL STORY »
New ways to monitor feed quality
Feed costs are expected to moderate this year — at least compared to the sky-high figures encountered last year — but it is still vitally important to get the most out of every ounce of feed. FULL STORY »
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?