New ways to monitor feed quality
Feed costs are expected to moderate this year — at least compared to the sky-high figures encountered last year — but it is still vitally important to get the most out of every ounce of feed. FULL STORY »
Genomics could revolutionize heifer selection methods
There is a freight train of new management tools headed for U.S. dairy farms, and it’s aiming straight for the heifer breeding pen. FULL STORY »
Opportunities to improve health management and avoid residues
Each day, you and your employees work hard to keep your cows healthy and productive, to provide them with the best care when they are sick and to avoid mistakes that could lead to violative drug residues. FULL STORY »
4 cardinal rules for doing business in China
When looking at China’s large dairy-deprived population, the temptation is to supply lots of dairy products so the Chinese can be more like us. FULL STORY »
What will 2013 bring?
Rod Hissong tries to look at things with a positive attitude. And while it’s tempting to be optimistic going into 2013, he has to admit there are a number of unknowns. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast