How some of the top dairies achieve reproductive excellence
Five dairies were named platinum winners for reproductive excellence at the Dairy Cattle Reproduction Council annual meeting in November. FULL STORY »
Strategic sampling for dairy lameness
Locomotion scoring of all cows on a regular basis can be an onerous task. So, Washington State University researchers are looking at different sampling scenarios to get a good handle on lameness in a herd, while also making it do-able for the producer. FULL STORY »
Can high milk production = cow well-being?
Some believe that high-producing cows aren’t maintained in an environment that promotes well-being. But a Wisconsin study shows that high production can be achieved while preserving the well-being of the cow. FULL STORY »
- Will tornado alley come alive this weekend?
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Cow culling lags; Pennsylvania heifers
- Farm Bureau fights EPA, tells members to ‘ditch the rule’
- How are you using incentive programs on your farm?
- Food waste-to-energy converter introduced at UC Davis