How some of the top dairies achieve reproductive excellence
Five dairies were named platinum winners for reproductive excellence at the Dairy Cattle Reproduction Council annual meeting in November. FULL STORY »
Strategic sampling for dairy lameness
Locomotion scoring of all cows on a regular basis can be an onerous task. So, Washington State University researchers are looking at different sampling scenarios to get a good handle on lameness in a herd, while also making it do-able for the producer. FULL STORY »
Can high milk production = cow well-being?
Some believe that high-producing cows aren’t maintained in an environment that promotes well-being. But a Wisconsin study shows that high production can be achieved while preserving the well-being of the cow. FULL STORY »
- Why only one of four dairy calves drinks raw milk?
- USDA: FAQs about potential California FMMO
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast