What will 2013 bring?
Rod Hissong tries to look at things with a positive attitude. And while it’s tempting to be optimistic going into 2013, he has to admit there are a number of unknowns. FULL STORY »
How some of the top dairies achieve reproductive excellence
Five dairies were named platinum winners for reproductive excellence at the Dairy Cattle Reproduction Council annual meeting in November. FULL STORY »
Strategic sampling for dairy lameness
Locomotion scoring of all cows on a regular basis can be an onerous task. So, Washington State University researchers are looking at different sampling scenarios to get a good handle on lameness in a herd, while also making it do-able for the producer. FULL STORY »
Can high milk production = cow well-being?
Some believe that high-producing cows aren’t maintained in an environment that promotes well-being. But a Wisconsin study shows that high production can be achieved while preserving the well-being of the cow. FULL STORY »
- Dairy markets: Today's milk already sold
- Crop futures diverged from livestock markets Wednesday night
- AGCO releases Challenger MT500E series tractors with 185-255 hp
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: September Class I base slightly lower
- Tumbling livestock quotes led ag commodites lower Wednesday
- Commentary: The worst meat to eat
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- 2015 milk prices now looking more like 2013, 2011
- Minn. farm wins court case, power companies to buy 138 acres
- Jersey Island chooses direction 6 years after 250-year import ban
- Drones on the farm: What are the laws?