What have we learned from this year’s drought?
Precisely at noon on Friday, Sept. 7, it began raining in Linn, Kan. It was noteworthy, since rain has been a rare event in north central Kansas — and much of the rest of the country — this year. FULL STORY »
Our politicians have failed us
On Sept. 12, hundreds of farmers and ag industry representatives assembled on the National Mall in Washington, D.C., to encourage passage of a new Farm Bill. FULL STORY »
It’s been shown that disbudding young calves before they reach three weeks of age is the least stressful and painful time to do this practice, as the horn buds are not yet attached to the skull. FULL STORY »
Dairy industry honors leaders
Using visionary thinking and adapting new concepts quickly have helped each of the World Dairy Expo recognition honorees to be successful, says Mark Clarke, World Dairy Expo general manager. FULL STORY »
Energy audits pay off
Triple A Farms is located just six miles from the corporate headquarters of retail giant Wal-Mart in Bentonville, Ark., which makes for an interesting juxtaposition. FULL STORY »
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?