(1) Journal of Dairy Science, October 1994. Involved 306 Holstein cows during the first 120 days of lactation.
(2) Journal of Dairy Science, Suppl. 1, 1995. Study involved approximately 585 cows on 11 commercial dairies. Cows in the experimental group received an average of 57 grams of Diamond V XP Yeast Culture per day through two 30-day DHIA test periods.
(3) Presented at the Canadian Society of Animal Science meeting, 1996. Study involved 26 multiparous and 18 primiparous cows through the first eight weeks of lactation. Results in the chart are for multiparous animals.
(4) Journal of Dairy Science, June 1997. Study used multiparous Holstein cows. Yeast culture was fed from 14 days prepartum through 14 days postpartum. Milk yield results are through 28 days postcalving.
(5) Journal of Dairy Science, September 1997. Results in chart are for cows in early lactation fed 10 grams of Chr. Hansen Biomate Yeast Plus per day. Results reflect 3.5 percent fat-corrected milk yields.
(6) Journal of Dairy Science, Vol. 80, Suppl.1, 1997. Cows in experimental group were fed Diamond V XP Yeast Culture. Researchers recorded milk yields through the first 30 weeks of lactation.
(7) Journal of Dairy Science, Suppl. 1, 1997. Study involved 14 primiparous and 25 multiparous Jersey cows. The total-mixed rations of cows in the experimental group were topdressed with 60 grams of Diamond V XP Yeast Culture per day from 14 days prepartum through 140 days postpartum. Results show milk yields through the first 42 days of lactation.
(8) Presented at the American Dairy Science Association annual meeting, 1997. Study involved 36 multiparous Holstein cows through the first 18 weeks of lactation. Results shown in graph represent fat-corrected milk yields of cows receiving 10 grams of Chr. Hansen Biomate Yeast Plus per day.
Put yeast to work
- Collect Colostrum Sooner rather than Later
- Thursday’s CME Dairy Market Recap
- DHM Numbers: Cow culling slips 12% behind last year
- SCR partners with Nestlé to establish Chinese dairy institute
- Hogs were the exception to the bullish rule Thursday
- Export data, equity gains boost crop futures Thursday morning
- Food Babe visits my university
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- Kansas City Royals named after livestock show, not royalty
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand
- Wash. judge rules non-competes “unenforceable” for A.I. techs