Now for a return on your investment… or not
Ohio veterinarian Mel Wenger emphasizes the importance of fine-tuning the care of older heifers to ensure their successful entry into the milking herd. FULL STORY »
Questions a dairy farmer should ask his or her veterinarian
How can you get the most out of your relationship with your herd veterinarian? Ohio dairy veterinary practitioner Fred Gingrich offers his advice. FULL STORY »
Those forgotten months....
“Out of sight, out of mind” could be a hazard in the growing heifer phase. Don’t lose progress toward maximizing your replacement animal quality in this critical stage. FULL STORY »
Causes and prevention of abomasal bloat in calves
Abomasol bloat in preweaned calves usually is fatal. Ohio veterinarian Fred Gingrich addresses causes and prevention of this dangerous disease. FULL STORY »
The euthanasia treatment protocol
Death is an unfortunate reality of livestock production. Ohio veterinarian Fred Gingrich offers advice on determining when euthanasia is appropriate, and how to do it humanely. FULL STORY »
Continue to look for the zebra
Last December, I wrote an article about looking for the unlikely or unexpected. The saying to remember is “when you hear hoof beats, look for the horse, not the zebra.” FULL STORY »
- Will tornado alley come alive this weekend?
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Cow culling lags; Pennsylvania heifers
- Farm Bureau fights EPA, tells members to ‘ditch the rule’
- How are you using incentive programs on your farm?
- Food waste-to-energy converter introduced at UC Davis