When you hear hoof beats ...
While in veterinary school, we were taught about many different diseases and the signs associated with those diseases. Some were common and others were very uncommon or exotic. FULL STORY »
Managing abortions on your dairy
Tremendous effort and resources are put toward reproductive management on our dairy farms. Knowing how to evaluate and minimize the risks of abortions in your cows is an important part of your reproductive program. FULL STORY »
Veterinary oversight for dairy farms
Recently, the FDA released several “guidance documents” that have established their current and future policy regarding the use of antimicrobial drugs in food-producing animals. FULL STORY »
Should she stay or should she go?
As we take the time to discuss culling strategies on many dairies, it becomes evident that there are many opportunities to optimize profitability with more systematic, data-driven decisions. FULL STORY »
Five good reasons to ...
It is a contagious, costly disease of animals that also affects humans. It is spread by direct contact with infected animals or with an environment that has been contaminated with discharges from infected animals. FULL STORY »
- Green milk returns in time for St. Patrick’s Day
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Bill would keep farmer’s private information private
- Land availability top young farmer concern
- USDA expands support for small, mid-sized farmers and ranchers
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CWT sales, dairy cattle auctions
Diamond V Original XPC