Five good reasons to ...
It is a contagious, costly disease of animals that also affects humans. It is spread by direct contact with infected animals or with an environment that has been contaminated with discharges from infected animals. FULL STORY »
Quality control: The little things
Most progressive dairies have the big things covered. As we strive to manage the dairy operation in a systematic way, it is often the little but important things that get overlooked. FULL STORY »
An interview with Bovicoli bovis
Howdy from a deep, dark crevice of cow 4211! The smell of fall is the in air. What a relief after that long, hot summer. I cannot tell you how many relatives I lost, mostly because I cannot count, but that is beside the point. FULL STORY »
This year may very well be remembered as the “Year of the Extremes,” at least weather-wise. While we in parts of the South and Southwest are burning up with record heat and drought, other areas of the country are wringing wet. Neither of these conditions is ideal for cows and forages. FULL STORY »
How may I help you?
There are lots of similarities between a veterinary practice and a dairy farm. Both are typically small businesses with employees, and the people involved have a love for the dairy industry and cows. One difference, however, is that dairy farms are producers of goods, while veterinary practices are a service-based business, yet we have the same goal — a successful, healthy dairy farm. FULL STORY »
- Dairy markets: Spot butter dips below $2/lb.
- Zoetis hires new marketing manager
- Ag markets proved decidedly mixed Wednesday night
- Mom at the Meat Counter: What’s in a food label? Antibiotic-free
- Post-wean digestion impaired in intensive-fed rapidly weaned calf
- Massage and mooo-d music soothe Vietnam's Miss Milk Cow
- WTO again sides with Canada, Mexico on US COOL law
- Commentary: A beef with yogurt
- VIDEO: Maddox family's "one cow" philosophy changed industry
- BVD control: Segmented U.S.production system presents challenges
- Food Babe visits my university
- 24 robots will soon be operating under one roof in New Zealand