Is your drug use legal?
If outside forces had their way, antibiotic usage on farm would stop today. So, if we want to continue to have medications available to treat sick animals and to relieve pain and suffering, due diligence is required by all of us. FULL STORY »
Combat E. Coli 0175:H7
The strain of E. coli known as 0157:H7 is once again in the news. This time it’s not because of a disease outbreak associated with tainted hamburger, but one associated with contaminated spinach. FULL STORY »
What does time of calving tell us?
A recent review of the “Calving Management Manual,” a publication produced by veterinary researchers at Colorado State University, reminded me of the popular practice that dairy producers sometimes borrow from cow-calf producers. FULL STORY »
Set up vaccines for success
Whenever I see a vaccine fail to produce the benefits expected, I am presented with a teachable moment. In addition to explaining why vaccines can sometimes fail, I also take the opportunity to explain how producers can help tip the scales in their favor when it comes to vaccine success. FULL STORY »
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast