BVDV testing protocol refresher
Check out these tips from Michelle Arnold, University of Kentucky extension veterinarian, to help make sure your Bovine Viral Disease Virus testing protocol will help you control this serious disease. FULL STORY »
Online course to assess dairy calf housing and environments
Washington State University has made available an online course to help dairy producers and employees assess dairy calf housing and their environments. FULL STORY »
Set ground rules for employee social media use
You have expectations with employees regarding their job performance, says Jolene Griffin with Dairy Management Inc. Expectations for social media use should be no different. FULL STORY »
Drive-thru “rehab” center
If a cow falls down and injures a leg, most dairy farmers use a flotation bath to help her recover. Fiscalini Farms in Modesto, Calif., has taken a few extra steps to ensure cow-comfort if a cow requires the use of the flotation bath. FULL STORY »
Online rollover protective structures guide available
Used in combination with a seatbelt, rollover protective structures (ROPS) have been shown to be 98 percent effective in preventing death and serious injury in the event of a tractor overturn. FULL STORY »
- Will tornado alley come alive this weekend?
- Ag markets proved rather volatile again Thursday
- DHM Markets/Marketers: Cow culling lags; Pennsylvania heifers
- Farm Bureau fights EPA, tells members to ‘ditch the rule’
- How are you using incentive programs on your farm?
- Food waste-to-energy converter introduced at UC Davis