Testing for starch availability pays
Jeff Harris, nutritionist with EPL Feeds in central Washington, knows first-hand that rumen degradable starch levels can vary considerably and that testing for it is a valuable asset when formulating rations. FULL STORY »
Keep iron levels in water below 8 mg/L
At the Cornell Nutrition Conference last October, water-quality expert Dave Beede offered a sneak peek into research on iron concentrations in the drinking water of dairy cattle. FULL STORY »
Put a roof over your calf hutches?
Although hutches pose challenges when the weather is wet — particularly for the people taking care of calves — it is not recommended to add an additional roof over the hutches as this will limit ventilation. FULL STORY »
What to look for in an oral electrolyte
Oral electrolyte solutions have typically been used to restore fluids, correct pH and electrolyte levels in the blood, and provide nutritional support to scouring calves. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs