Steer clear of the chopping block
When faced with high feed prices and tight or negative margins, the temptation is to look for ways to reduce the feed bill, says Lee Kilmer, extension dairy specialist at Iowa State University. FULL STORY »
Manure smartphone apps
Two apps have been developed recently to help you better manage manure. Both apps are priced at 99 cents and are available through iTunes or Google Play. They include: FULL STORY »
New farm budgeting tool
The Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) at the University of Missouri has developed a free online tool to help farmers build projected budgets for their operations. FULL STORY »
Plan ahead for silage storage
As spring approaches, the anticipation of forage harvest arrives. Put your anticipation into action by evaluating your storage for the upcoming silage season. FULL STORY »
To treat or not to treat E. coli?
Over the years, there has been controversy about treating mild and moderate cases of clinical mastitis caused by E. coli, says Pamela Ruegg, extension milk quality veterinarian with the University of Wisconsin-Madison. FULL STORY »
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine