Engage your feed team
During times of high feed prices, costs control measures like lowering feed refusals and reducing shrink at feedout are important, but don’t forget the role of your feeder. FULL STORY »
Monitor sulfur status of forages
Be on the lookout for light green (chlorotic) areas in your alfalfa fields this coming crop season. These areas most likely occur in patches rather than over the entire field. FULL STORY »
How much are they really eating?
To capture how much cows are actually eating, note the starting weight of the TMR and then stop between each string or barn to record how much feed was delivered for each feeding, recommends Andy Fielding, senior dairy technical consultant with Purina Animal Nutrition. FULL STORY »
Profit Tips: Tips for storing milk replacer in winter
Storage conditions can affect milk replacer quality, even in winter. FULL STORY »
- U.S. readies for more 'extremely tough' trade talks with Japan
- Ag markets ended the week in decidedly mixed fashion
- Vilsack: Farm Bill, budget expand opportunity in rural America
- Crop markets set back from early-Friday highs
- Crop markets surged again Thursday night
- Accelerated Genetics sets Leadership Conference
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast