Should I let ensiled feeds in storage longer?
Ensiled whole-plant corn silage or high-moisture corn goes through fermentation while in the silo. After a couple weeks in storage, the ensiled feeds are ready to be fed. FULL STORY »
Mortality management videos
A series of online videos that address frequently asked questions about managing animal mortalities is now available at the Livestock and Poultry Environmental Learning Center website. FULL STORY »
NAHMS dairy study needs your help
The USDA’s National Animal Health Monitoring System is seeking input from stakeholders of the U.S. dairy industry to help develop objectives for Dairy 2014, NAHMS’ fifth national dairy study. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs