Should I let ensiled feeds in storage longer?
Ensiled whole-plant corn silage or high-moisture corn goes through fermentation while in the silo. After a couple weeks in storage, the ensiled feeds are ready to be fed. FULL STORY »
Mortality management videos
A series of online videos that address frequently asked questions about managing animal mortalities is now available at the Livestock and Poultry Environmental Learning Center website. FULL STORY »
NAHMS dairy study needs your help
The USDA’s National Animal Health Monitoring System is seeking input from stakeholders of the U.S. dairy industry to help develop objectives for Dairy 2014, NAHMS’ fifth national dairy study. FULL STORY »
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine