Winter feeding — don’t just add fat
Calves need extra nutrients to withstand cold temperatures. But the experts at Grober Animal Nutrition say it’s not as simple as adding a little more fat to their rations. FULL STORY »
Is water quality impacting milk quality?
The quality of water on your dairy directly influences the performance of the hygiene chemicals used to clean and sanitize your milking system and bulk tank. FULL STORY »
Advice for treating coliform mastitis
Recent research shows treatment of mild to moderate Gram-negative mastitis can be successful, and it is changing the way veterinarians and producers handle coliform mastitis cases. FULL STORY »
Dairy Heifer Raiser study raises red flag
The recently released “Dairy Heifer Raiser, 2011” study, from the USDA’s National Animal Health Monitoring System, provides an overview of the management practices used on heifer-raising operations. FULL STORY »
People who like cows
Employing people with the proper attitude toward cattle can go a long way in preventing animal mistreatment, which has unfortunately become a prime target of undercover video. FULL STORY »
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs