Silage runoff reminders
Silage harvest may be over, but contaminated runoff from silage piles and bunkers remains a threat any time precipitation hits the feed, says Natalie Rector with Michigan State University Extension. FULL STORY »
Profit Tips: Is poor hygiene undermining conception rates?
Breeding techniques and hygiene can play a considerable role in conception rates. FULL STORY »
Develop a BVD control plan
While vaccinations are effective, even operations that have been successful in eradicating bovine viral diarrhea from their herd must maintain a control plan to continue to protect their operation and operations around the country. FULL STORY »
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?