Use caution when applying liquid manure to dry fields
Be extra cautious when applying liquid manure to dry farm fields this fall. FULL STORY »
Watch for spoilage in drought-stressed corn silage
Advice on reducing nitrate levels when harvesting and feeding drought-damaged corn silage is plentiful this year, but nitrates are just one part of the picture. FULL STORY »
You’re the expert, not HSUS
More than one-third of consumers use the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) as their main source of information on animal-welfare issues, according to a consumer poll by Purdue University researchers. FULL STORY »
Should you 'cherry pick' cows in a synch protocol?
Ever since the first estrus-synchronization protocol was developed, researchers and dairy producers have debated the merits of “cherry picking,” or artificially inseminating (A.I.) cows that come into heat before the protocol is completed. FULL STORY »
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced