You’re the expert, not HSUS
More than one-third of consumers use the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) and People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) as their main source of information on animal-welfare issues, according to a consumer poll by Purdue University researchers. FULL STORY »
Should you 'cherry pick' cows in a synch protocol?
Ever since the first estrus-synchronization protocol was developed, researchers and dairy producers have debated the merits of “cherry picking,” or artificially inseminating (A.I.) cows that come into heat before the protocol is completed. FULL STORY »
Vaccinate FPT calves earlier
Research has shown that calves with failure of passive transfer (FPT) will develop their own antibodies faster than calves with normal passive transfer when they are exposed to infection or vaccination. FULL STORY »
Is she getting enough water?
High-producing cows require upwards of 40 gallons of water every day. And, lactating cows drink about 30 to 50 percent of their water within the first hour after milking. FULL STORY »
- Green milk returns in time for St. Patrick’s Day
- Ag markets ended Tuesday in mixed fashion once again.
- Bill would keep farmer’s private information private
- Land availability top young farmer concern
- USDA expands support for small, mid-sized farmers and ranchers
- DHM Markets/Marketers: CWT sales, dairy cattle auctions
ReaShure® Precision Release Choline