By building a cover over the facility where feed trucks are loaded, M & M Feedlot in Parma, Idaho, was able to reduce dust emissions. That, along with using dust-retardant on unpaved roads and sprinklers to wet down the corrals in summer, has helped M & M build better relations with neighboring landowners.
Dust control a good PR move
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?