Johnny Kleinsasser from Redfield, S.D., has developed a handy tool for mixing milk replacer for calves. Supplies needed include a 7-inch diameter piece of stainless steel, a 2-foot piece of metal pipe, and a drill and welder. He drilled several holes into the stainless steel (see photo) and then welded it to one end of the pipe. The holes allow fluid to flow through as the tool is pushed up and down in a pail of milk replacer. Mixing is now quick and easy.
An easy way to mix milk replacer
- First sights of World Dairy Expo 2014
- Slideshow: World Dairy Expo opens to big crowd
- Early Wednesday World Dairy Expo photographs
- 2014 Dairy Herd Management Innovation Awards announced
- Select Sires offers new ear-tag based herd management system
- U.S. dairy decries EU-Canada trade agreement market barriers