Asphalt pad cuts feed storage cost
An asphalt pad proved more cost-effective than bunkers at Bankers Scenic View Farm, a 700-contract-heifer facility in Black Creek, Wis. The pad measures 170 feet by 300 feet, providing plenty of space for tractors and wagons, as well as semi-trucks to unload feed. And, multiple tractors can be used to pack the forages. To construct the floor, 4 inches of asphalt was placed on 8 inches of gravel. Constructing a concrete pad of the same size would have cost three times as much.
- Video: "Show kids got their white pants on"
- Dairy markets: Milk production report sends markets lower
- Dean spin-off of WhiteWave: Silk beating milk one year later
- Corn crop in best shape in 21 years
- Minnesota's largest dairy shows calf facility
- Michigan honors Continental Dairy Facilities for exports