These white baffles hanging in the heifer facilities at Wiese Brother Dairy in Greenleaf, Wis., serve a simple purpose: attract flies. The baffles are sprayed with fly bait, and the white color attracts the flies. The baffles are hung high enough that calves cannot reach them, which keeps fly-control products away from curious animals.
- Undercover dairy video leads to animal abuse allegations
- Research shows consumer demand for transparency on food
- Ag producers should do income tax planning before year-end
- Greenhouse gas: Another reason to connect with consumers
- Will Santa bring a farm bill this Christmas?
- Renewable fuel backers try to change EPA's mind