These white baffles hanging in the heifer facilities at Wiese Brother Dairy in Greenleaf, Wis., serve a simple purpose: attract flies. The baffles are sprayed with fly bait, and the white color attracts the flies. The baffles are hung high enough that calves cannot reach them, which keeps fly-control products away from curious animals.
- Water Police, part four: EPA's definition of 'adjacent waters'
- Ag markets diverged Wednesday morning
- Zoetis launches calf wellness
- U.S. steps up trade pressure on Japan ahead of Obama visit
- Professional Dairy Producers Foundation offers program grants
- UDIM rebrands to reflect diversity, versatility of dairy
- Making recommendations on climate change mitigation
- Vermont Senate passes GMO labeling bill
- Is chocolate milk ban-worthy? Study says ‘no’
- To prevent crime, farmers, deputies use proven tools
- Can ration sorting benefit lactating dairy cattle?
- CME trading outage showed that man can still match the machine