Every employee at this large dairy who works with maternity cows knows the status of every cow just by looking at this chalkboard. On this board, each employee records the following information: cow number, each time she is checked, if the delivery was assisted, calf sex, tag number, and each feeding of colostrum, including how much and when it was fed. The board keeps everyone informed and minimizes the potential for miscommunication between shifts.
Board tracks calvings, calf care
- Most crop futures are starting Thursday on a strong note
- Dairy markets: A mid-week pop to the upside
- As debate rages, GMO labeling votes loom in Oregon, Colorado
- Businesses urge Obama to fast-track Asian trade deal
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- NMPF adds Bongards-MN, Mount Joy-PA, Cortland & Oneida-Madison-NY