Every employee at this large dairy who works with maternity cows knows the status of every cow just by looking at this chalkboard. On this board, each employee records the following information: cow number, each time she is checked, if the delivery was assisted, calf sex, tag number, and each feeding of colostrum, including how much and when it was fed. The board keeps everyone informed and minimizes the potential for miscommunication between shifts.
Board tracks calvings, calf care
- Ag markets posted mixed closes Tuesday afternoon
- Grants up to $5,000 available for CASE Certification & Equipment
- Rock River Laboratory introduces Wisconsin convenience routes
- Support dairy cow health by managing forage quality
- Ag markets firmed Tuesday morning
- Agriculture now generates $88.3 billion and 413,500 jobs in Wis.