Every employee at this large dairy who works with maternity cows knows the status of every cow just by looking at this chalkboard. On this board, each employee records the following information: cow number, each time she is checked, if the delivery was assisted, calf sex, tag number, and each feeding of colostrum, including how much and when it was fed. The board keeps everyone informed and minimizes the potential for miscommunication between shifts.
Board tracks calvings, calf care
No matching related articles at this time.
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’
- Fleeing suspect falls face-first in cow manure
- Slow music boosts milk production
- Precision dairy technologies galore: What to do?
- Another study shows that carbohydrate, not fat, is the culprit
- College Aggies Online Program scholarship winner announced