Growing and managing pastures to provide the maximum benefit for livestock can be a challenging endeavor. But a new book can help. Called “Forage Utilization for Pasture-Based Livestock Production,” this book explains all aspects of pasture management for the nutritional benefit of livestock. The book also covers fencing, watering systems, lanes, feeding pads, animal-handling facilities, fly control and more. To order a copy, contact NRAES at (607) 255-7654 or online at: www.nraes.org.
Book on pasture management
- Vance Agribusiness names 2014 40 Under 40 honorees
- 6 questions and answers about rumen development in calves
- Life changes, but fall brings World Dairy Expo
- Last look at New Holland Pavilions before World Dairy Expo
- Dairy calf care: Every delivery is special
- Dairy calf care: When to assist, what to do