Growing and managing pastures to provide the maximum benefit for livestock can be a challenging endeavor. But a new book can help. Called “Forage Utilization for Pasture-Based Livestock Production,” this book explains all aspects of pasture management for the nutritional benefit of livestock. The book also covers fencing, watering systems, lanes, feeding pads, animal-handling facilities, fly control and more. To order a copy, contact NRAES at (607) 255-7654 or online at: www.nraes.org.
Book on pasture management
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?