Growing and managing pastures to provide the maximum benefit for livestock can be a challenging endeavor. But a new book can help. Called “Forage Utilization for Pasture-Based Livestock Production,” this book explains all aspects of pasture management for the nutritional benefit of livestock. The book also covers fencing, watering systems, lanes, feeding pads, animal-handling facilities, fly control and more. To order a copy, contact NRAES at (607) 255-7654 or online at: www.nraes.org.
Book on pasture management
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs