It's always important to know your cost of production, but it has become even more critical lately with escalating feed prices. An Excel spreadsheet, DairyCOP$, is available from the Penn State Dairy Alliance. It enables you to calculate this benchmark. It uses the whole-farm approach to calculate cost of production, and it also makes accrual adjustments. Use it monthly, quarterly or annually to calculate cost of production based on profitability (using depreciation) or cash-flow (using principal payments). To download it, click here.
Cost-of-production tool available
- Cover Crops for Forage and Dairy Production
- California anaerobic digester project nears completion
- Dairy Farmers Of Ontario now title sponsor of Ont. Men's Curling
- Dave Dickson’s family gives $775,000 to support UW judging
- New interactive map highlights state ag contributions
- New Holland Pavilions race to finish, 5 weeks to World Dairy Expo