It's always important to know your cost of production, but it has become even more critical lately with escalating feed prices. An Excel spreadsheet, DairyCOP$, is available from the Penn State Dairy Alliance. It enables you to calculate this benchmark. It uses the whole-farm approach to calculate cost of production, and it also makes accrual adjustments. Use it monthly, quarterly or annually to calculate cost of production based on profitability (using depreciation) or cash-flow (using principal payments). To download it, click here.
Cost-of-production tool available
No matching related articles at this time.
- Why both Liberals and Conservatives are wrong about immigration
- Novartis opens animal health books to Bayer, others
- Corn silage pricing
- Lead negotiator sees January finish for overdue U.S. farm bill
- Boehner says expiring US farm bill should get 1-month extension
- Calif. dairy steals the show on ‘Undercover Boss’