Device monitors cleaning effectiveness
A HOBO data logger is used at this dairy to record wash water temperatures for bulk tanks and milking pipelines. Essentially, it allows farm owners to monitor how well their employees are doing the job; that is, the duration of cleanings and temperature of the water. External probes feed information to the data logger, and then the information is downloaded to a personal computer. This particular model — HOBO H8 outdoor/industrial, 4-channel external — is available from Onset Computer Corp. in Bourne, Mass., and sells for $179.
- Alltech opens lab at Nestlé's China Dairy Farming Institute
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking