Device monitors cleaning effectiveness
A HOBO data logger is used at this dairy to record wash water temperatures for bulk tanks and milking pipelines. Essentially, it allows farm owners to monitor how well their employees are doing the job; that is, the duration of cleanings and temperature of the water. External probes feed information to the data logger, and then the information is downloaded to a personal computer. This particular model — HOBO H8 outdoor/industrial, 4-channel external — is available from Onset Computer Corp. in Bourne, Mass., and sells for $179.
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Preventing roof collapses from snow on agricultural buildings
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
AfiMilk MPC – Ultimate Milking Control solution