Device monitors cleaning effectiveness
A HOBO data logger is used at this dairy to record wash water temperatures for bulk tanks and milking pipelines. Essentially, it allows farm owners to monitor how well their employees are doing the job; that is, the duration of cleanings and temperature of the water. External probes feed information to the data logger, and then the information is downloaded to a personal computer. This particular model — HOBO H8 outdoor/industrial, 4-channel external — is available from Onset Computer Corp. in Bourne, Mass., and sells for $179.
- DHM Numbers: Pennsylvania, Missouri dairy cattle sales
- FairRent, now online, helps you find land rent values
- Wednesday's CME Dairy Market Recap
- Ag markets proved rather divergent Wednesday
- Innovation Center for U.S. Dairy® seeking next class of stewards
- Ten Do’s & Don’ts for ‘Low-Cost’ and ‘Retrofit’ Milking Parlors
- One Nebraska farmer takes ALS ice bucket challenge to extreme
- Organic/conventional quite indifferent in cow health, milk
- Iowa rancher is next star on 'The Bachelor'
- 72-stall robotic rotary breaks ground in Wisconsin
- Got Milk? Expands communications in unique agency partnership
- Cows, farms also under gunfire near Gaza strip