When the Natzke family built their new barn near Wayside, Wis., one year ago, they decided to add an extra lane on the outside of the fresh cow and hospital pens. The 230-foot-long by 10-foot-wide lane allows them to easily and calmly switch cows from group to group without having to interrupt large numbers of animals, thus minimizing disruptions to cow routines.
Easy cow movement
No matching related articles at this time.
- Congress could OK trade promotion bill in early 2014
- Ag markets posted a general advance Tuesday night
- Undercover dairy video leads to animal abuse allegations
- Answering the call to bring dairy to food banks
- Research shows consumer demand for transparency on food
- Lack of farm bill leaves farmers with uncertainty in 2014