When the Natzke family built their new barn near Wayside, Wis., one year ago, they decided to add an extra lane on the outside of the fresh cow and hospital pens. The 230-foot-long by 10-foot-wide lane allows them to easily and calmly switch cows from group to group without having to interrupt large numbers of animals, thus minimizing disruptions to cow routines.
Easy cow movement
- “Ag-gag” laws in the news
- Conventional agriculture winning some, losing some in culture war
- Can genomics, OPU and IVF take the industry to the 'next level?'
- Monsanto opens search for 2014 "Farm Mom of the Year"
- School breakfasts celebrated from coast to coast
- California February 4a/4b prices new record highs
AfiMilk MPC – Ultimate Milking Control solution