Frank Delfino, of Delfino nutrition, suggests working with your nutritionist or feed company representative to hold a workers nutrition program on your dairy. The program should teach employees the basics of cow nutrition, including the role that each feed ingredient plays and the importance of mixing feed correctly. The program should be held in the employees’ native language.
Employee nutrition education
- DHM Numbers: Cattle on feed, dairy CPI/PPI forecast
- Commentary: Yogurt redux: Readers react
- Protect yourself; MPP-Dairy is easy, LGM-Dairy may be better deal
- Penn State: Understanding the Farm Bill’s MPP-Dairy
- Calves with Sam: Another note on cross-sucking
- Employee Turnover Affecting Your Operation?